Table of Contents
Construction Site Injury Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA Represents Victims of Construction Accidents in Allegheny County and Across Pennsylvania
If you have suffered a severe work injury on a construction site, gas or oil well work site, or another job site, talk to an injury lawyer about your options. At Baldwin Matzus, LLC, an experienced Pittsburgh construction accident lawyer will be able to discuss your rights, assist with investigating the cause, and document evidence to prove liability.
The construction industry has one of the highest occupational injury and fatality rates. Although the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has reported a slight decline in construction site injuries, 1 in 10 construction workers are still injured every year. While construction companies “talk the talk” about job site safety, they simply don’t “walk the walk”. Job site safety should be priority Number 1. Sadly, it rarely is, and workers get injured or killed when safety corners get cut. OSHA’s statistics speak to the harsh reality that construction and industrial workers are exposed to unsafe and dangerous work conditions that are preventable.
Common Construction Site Accidents
Construction site accidents often occur due to:
- Chemical Exposure
- Crane Accidents
- Electrocution Accidents
- Industrial Accidents
- Roof and Ladder Fall Accidents
- Scaffolding Accidents
- Lack of Safety Equipment Accidents
- Falling Objects or Debris Accidents, including equipment, tools, and materials
- Burn Injury Accidents, poor wiring methods, electrical arcing
- Fire Accidents and Explosions
- Forklift Accidents
- Excavation and Trenching Accidents
- Heavy Machinery Accidents
- Equipment Defects or Failure
When you file a construction accident lawsuit, you may be able to recover additional damages that are not available under workers’ compensation, including past and future lost wages, medical benefits, pain and suffering, and more. A Pittsburgh construction accident lawyer at our law firm can review your claim and advise you on the best action to take for your case.
What to Do After a Construction Accident
When you’ve been injured in a construction accident, it is important to take the right steps to protect your rights and to maximize your chances of a successful claim.
After a construction accident, remember to:
- Seek medical attention immediately
- Notify your employer of your injuries immediately, within 24 hours
- Take pictures, collect witness contact information, and preserve evidence related to your accident
- Before speaking with insurance companies or accepting any settlement offers, consult a knowledgeable attorney about your rights.
Protecting Injured Workers’ Rights
For more than two decades, we have been fighting on behalf of the injured to help them recover full compensation to move forward with their life. When you need a caring team to guide you through the intricate claims process, a Pittsburgh construction accident lawyer at Baldwin Matzus, LLC is here for you.
To learn more about your rights after a construction site accident, contact us.